Monday, April 28, 2008

It's been nearly 3 months......

...since I got my camera. Since then, I've taken my camera with me nearly everywhere I've gone. I learned this strategy from a buddy in college that took a photo class. I thought it was a good idea, cause then you can never miss a photo opportunity (at least theoretically). So, now it often takes me longer to get somewhere or to get home cuz I got P.O.E "Photo Op Eye"

Photo Op Highlights:
1) San Francisco Bay / Central California Coast - **DISCLAIMER** I realize flying to California is not green birding - remember this blog is about birding and photography....ideally following the BIGBYphilosophy. But, when an opportunity to visit 2 friends in Caliornia came up, I was off, with my new camera in tow. So, I went birding in the Telegraph Hill neighborhood in San Francisco and found a flock of parrots, possibly some of the same birds or flocks portrayed in the moving film by Judy Irving, featuring Mark Bitner:





2) Bike BIGBY - Mississippi River - Minneapolis

Hundreds of Great Blue Herons migrate and stop forming a rookery on a small island near the 42nd St Bridge on the Mississippi River. I just rode past the same spot last week and the herons are gone (2 weeks after photos taken)

Heron Rookery



Other miscellaneous bike BIGBY photos




No comments: